That the attendants with little or no musical background will feel confident choosing the correct music and apply music therapy techniques for any elderly person with any stage of dementia and different types of behaviours.
- To provide a basic understanding of the different subtypes of dementia in relation to how music is stored in the brain.
- To provide practical interactive music activities to encourage attendants to become comfortable interacting with music both singing, using instruments and CD’s within a group setting.
- To provide a list of music already well known to the attendants and to the residents they are working with, to encourage confidence in the staff’s knowledge of effective music repertoire.
- To provide DVD footage of music therapy clinical work carried out by the facilitator with other residents for educational purposes.
- To provide education on how to position clients of various levels of dementia, and different cultural backgrounds in a group to maximise effectiveness of the music.
- To provide easy practical musical techniques for the attendants in the form of interactive activities in a supportive environment.
- To provide the opportunity to purchase resources produced by the facilitator, with the Music Activity Instructions free if CD purchased at workshop.
Workshop provided by: Dr Loretta Quinn, Registered Music Therapist, Registered Nurse Div 1, PostGradDipMT, AMusA(Piano), MMusMT.
The facilitator is happy to work directly with clients during the workshop with written permission from the Aged Care Facility/organisation
For a quote on workshop, contact us on: 1300 202 120 OR
Travel and accommodation costs are in addition to the workshop fee.